The Steps of Water Damage Restoration | SERVPRO of Los Angeles
We all know that water damage is a nightmare, but it's also one of the most common home-related disasters. Water damage is often caused by burst pipes, overflowing toilets, and other plumbing problems. No matter the cause, water damage can lead to mold, mildew, and costly repairs to your home.
If you are in need of water removal or restoration, here are the steps you should take immediately:
- Shut off the water source immediately if possible
- Remove standing water and dry out wet spaces
- Purchase a dehumidifier for the damaged area
- Remove or repair broken windows, walls, and furniture to prevent mold
- Clean carpets, drapes, and upholstery
- Repair or replace damaged items and structures
- Call your insurance agent to file a damage claim
- Hire a professional water removal team to help you with the restoration process of water damage
- Set up mitigation efforts to stop future water damage issues
Don't let water damage ruin your belongings. Call the water restoration experts at SERVPRO to find out how to put an end to your water woes today!