Water Damage Los Angeles - Secure Insurance Coverage
Under most circumstances, your primary home owners insurance policy covers most water damage losses within your home. While there are many exclusions that may apply, there are key items that are vital to address prior to and during an unexpected water damage.
Find out how our Insurance Professional Team has secured insurance coverage for 90% of our clients in 2021.
While this blog provides some tips to help secure your insurance coverage, our insurance professional team greatly understands the insurance claims process and can be contacted 24/7 for full claims analysis.
Prior to experiencing an emergency water damage:
- Ensure your insurance coverage is active, that your coverages are appropriate, and consider your deductible amounts. Learn how changing your deductible can completely change your water damage insurance claim experience (blog coming soon).
- Document as much as your home as possible. Saved photos of all rooms, furniture, valuables, etc. may help in the event that these items are destroyed.
- Perform regular maintenance around your home. Insurance claims are likely to be denied if evidence of negligence is discovered.
In the event that you do suffer a water damage in your home, consider these tips which may significantly affect your claim:
- What was the source of the damage and has it been corrected? Generally speaking, the insurance carrier will rely on documents provided by emergency repair technicians (plumbers) to determine coverage. Correcting this is imperative and maintaining a record of this report is of even greater importance.
- After correcting the source and obtaining an initial loss report, contact SERVPRO of Park la Brea who can help determine, utilizing the outcome of the report, if coverage will be afforded based on your policy.
With the right policy in place, proper maintenance of your home, and by utilizing our Insurance Professional Team, your insurance claims process will be streamlined and maximized for value.