3 Things You Can Do To Prevent Mold in Your Home
Mold is not uncommon in lots of homes, especially older homes in Los Angeles area. It’s not something you want to get used to or allow to grow unchecked. Once mold spores become visible in your home, your best bet is professional mold restoration. If you live in a balmy climate or your home isn’t well ventilated, try these five easy ways you can prevent the growth of mold.
- Prime with a mold inhibiting primer before painting walls.
- Keep vents – especially bathroom vents – clear and open to help prevent moisture build-up.
- Fix drain leaks as soon as you notice them. A buildup of water in hidden areas is a breeding ground for mold.
- Avoid carpeted floors in basements that are prone to flooding.
- Make sure the boundary around your house slopes down so that rainwater runs away from your foundation.
Remember the old adage that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure? That’s never been truer than when dealing with mold. Mold restoration is the cure, but these helpful tips are the prevention.